A good book is like a good person.
Simple, honest and kind.
And I cannot pick it up without a pen in my hand.
Writing is part of me.
It is how I learn, how I communicate.
Part of being a writer is
And triumphant nothings.
It is about
Seeking the important things and writing them down.
It is about
Being an observer of the world
However big or small.
It is about
The things that may go unnoticed.
It is the search for the truth that motivates the mind.
To search and search some more.
Truths that turn into topics as deep as
Being a man, woman or child;
Or as simple as what the weather brings
Revealed in every day actions that speak
Documenting the forces of nature.
Such as when there are no cars around
And am about to cross the road
And one suddenly appears!
Noticing the details and writing them down.
As I develop perspective.
Discoveries shared with others
Contribute to my learning and I to theirs.
It is what being a writer is about.
By Maria Mangos
Copyright © Maria Mangos and Traveliterature.wordpress.com, from February 2011. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Maria Mangos and Traveliterature.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Reading Like A Writer (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Writing: Keep The Faith (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Writer’s Block? Nope…Writer’s BLANK (planejaner.com)
- A Real Writer… (selfpubauthors.wordpress.com)
- Writers Pen (perfectpoetry.wordpress.com)
- The Need for Self-Expression (theremustbesomemistake.com)
- Putting Family And Friends In Your Fiction (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- A New Online Magazine For Fiction Writers (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Writers: “Amount of” versus “number of” (chazzwrites.wordpress.com)
- Writing: The Seeds Of Creativity (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- That’s What Writers Do! (coopcatalyst.wordpress.com)
- The Short-Order Writer (artistsroad.wordpress.com)
- Author Interview ~ Shalon Sims (nfaa.wordpress.com)
- Writing a good review (via Jane Ellis – Writer) (museampoule.wordpress.com)
- Learning Another Language is Tough (traveliterature.wordpress.com)
- My Waltz with Vienna (traveliterature.wordpress.com)
- Electronic Career Portfolios (traveliterature.wordpress.com)
- Drums Alive (traveliterature.wordpress.com)
- Being A Writer (traveliterature.wordpress.com)